Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
Teeth whitening is a dental treatment used to change the color of the natural tooth. Having whiter teeth has now become the number one aesthetic concern faced by the majority of our patients in the area. As a result of this trend, there are a number of ways to whiten teeth. The most widely used form of whitening is the at-home whitening kit. There are also a number of products that are primarily used in the dental office for quicker results.
Advantages of Professional Whitening
While there are whitening kits and toothpastes available at the store that can provide some whitening, none can match the level of results you can achieve with professional whitening. With professional whitening from Olson Dental Group, you get:
- Professional strength whitening that removes deep stains
- Custom trays made to fit your teeth to ensure even whitening
- Quicker results to reveal your whiter smile
Reasons for whitening teeth:
- Reversing the effects of eating and drinking stain-causing foods
- Removing stains caused by prescription drug treatment
- Erasing spots caused by fluorosis, the effect of excessive fluoride intake during tooth development
What is Involved in Teeth Whitening?
When undergoing teeth bleaching, patients typically make two visits to the dentist.
- During the first visit, impressions are taken of the teeth and a custom tray is constructed. This can be done at the same time as your exam or hygiene appointment.
- During the second visit, the patient tries on the teeth whitening tray to check the fit and adjustments are made if necessary.
- While at home, the patient wears the tray for a set amount of time each day that will be discussed during your visit.
- Some patients may experience tooth sensitivity, but this usually subsides once the tooth bleaching has stopped.
The dentist will give you home care instructions for the trays and will also provide additional advice on how to maintain your teeth whiteness, including oral hygiene and changes in eating habits. Regular dental checkups are another helpful way to brighten your teeth both before and after professional teeth whitening.
For quality teeth whitening in and the surrounding areas, schedule your appointment with Olson Dental Group today!
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.Contact our team